The hydro powered chainsaw uses an ATS 2000 chassis, blade and chain, powered by a Pelton motor and lubrication system. It is designed for cutting of timber supports in working areas equipped with hydropower.
It incorporates the advantages of the ATS 2000 saw, namely:
- Automatic levelling and aligning: Cuts are done in parallel precision cuts, no need to hold up the timber.
- Spring loaded chain guard: Hold timber prop up firmly and needs only one operator to work, lowering the danger factor of cutting hands.
- Mechanical latch hold saw open: keeps it open to make loading timber easier.
- The Pelton motor provides a simple and powerful drive for quick cutting and water flushing of woodchips. The lubricator automatically applies chain lubrication at the start of each cut.
- The motor is controlled via a simple trigger grip – operated with one hand while the other hand is used to feed the saw into the cut.